Sub: School Education - Mid-Day Meal Scheme - relief arrangements during disaster times, it will be the responsibility of the School Education Department - Instructions issued - Regarding.
As directed by the Honorable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh there is a dire and immediate need to take precautionary measures for the safety of the people especially school children. As a part of relief arrangements during disaster times, it will be the responsibility of the School Education Department to provide good quality hot cooked meal to the disaster-affected people from the school MDM kitchens.
Therefore, all the District Educational Officers, especially Krishna, Guntur and West Godavari are requested to take the following measures immediately:
- Issue necessary instructions to the field level officials to gear up to tackle the cyclone, which is expected to hit the region anytime.
- Ensure that adequate stocks of required material such as food grains, groceries, vegetables, condiments, eggs etc. are made available in schools for ready relief.
- The children of. the school shall also be provided meals three times a day.
- Ensure that the MDM cooks and Cooking Agencies are informed of the situation and attend the work without uncertainty.
- Ensure that the buffer stock of rice is maintained. If rice is not sufficient, then adjust from nearby schools or other sources like Pair price Shops.
- Monitor the quality of meals being provided and take immediate measures for providing qualitative and quantitative meal is provided.
- Daily meal supply details Mandal-wise and school-wise shall be collected and submitted to the District Collector.
- Be in touch with District Collectors and any untoward incidents or short supply of food-grains shall be brought to the notice of the District Collectors and also pursue immediate action.
- Ensure that the field officers would be attentive in all the cyclone prone areas till the situation gets normalized.
- Ensure that the children are aware of areas, where water has receded and school buildings are in dilapidated condition.