The Government of Andhra Pradesh directs that the days specified in Annexure I shall be observed as General Holidays by all the State Government Offices excluding the holidays falling on Sundays shown in Annexure-I (A) and Optional Holidays shown in Annexure-II except the Optional Holidays falling on Sundays shown in Annexure-II(A) during the year 2019.
- The State Government directs that all offices under State Government shall remain closed on all Sundays and Second Saturdays in all the months during the year 2019.
- In addition to the above mentioned General Holidays in Annexure-I, the State Government employees may avail themselves of Optional Holidays not exceeding
- FIVE during the year 2019 on festival/occasions specified in Annexure-II to this order, at their option and irrespective of the religion to which the festival pertains. Permission to avail any of these holidays shall be applied for, in writing in advance and shall normally be granted by the Superior Officers competent to grant casual leave except when the presence of an individual employee is considered necessary in exigencies of Government work.
- The Government also directs that General Holidays shall not ipso-facto apply to the Industrial Establishment and Public Undertakings under the control of the State Government, the workmen engaged in Public Works Departments and Educational Institutions in this State. Separate orders regarding the festivals/occasions when these Institutions have to observe holidays shall be issued by the concerned Administrative Department of the Secretariat.
- If there is any change of date in respect of Ramzan, Bakrid, Moharam and EID ILADUN NABI as per the sighting of the moon or any other Hindu holiday as well, it shall be announced through electronic/print media. All the Departments of Secretariat, Heads of Departments and District Collectors shall take action according to such an announcement and without waiting for formal order about the change of date.