A.P Govt. has released Rc.No.145 dated 02.03.2017 about Implementation of Remedial Teaching to Improving Learning Levels of the Students. As per this AP Rc.No.145, Remedial Teaching is a 200 hours program which will be completed in 100 working days. This will be implemented in two spells for three subjects i.e., Telugu, English, and Mathematics.
Guidelines for conduct of Remedial Teaching Programme-AP Rc.No.145
- Common Summative Examination is scheduled from 14-3-2017 to 27-3-2017.
- Remedial Teaching Programme is scheduled from 28-3-2017 to 22-4-2017.
- Remedial Teaching Programme is meant for the Dl, D2 grade students of classes I-IX.
- Remedial Teaching Material - Teacher Handbook and Students Workbook will be supplied to all DEOs in the form of soft copy and the same is placed in SCERT website.
- Student workbooks may be supplied to all the students after finalization of funds pooling for Printing.
- DEOs take initiation to conduct Remedial Teaching Programme for the benefit of slow learners to enhance their learning levels.
- Conduct training program to all the Headmasters on modalities of Remedial Teaching Programme.
- Remedial Teaching is a 200 hours program which will be completed in 100 working days. This will be implemented in two spells for three subjects i.e., Telugu, English, and Mathematics.
Spell - I of Remedial Teaching Programme in AP Rc.No.145
- After completion of SA-III examinations.
- Spell - I Remedial Teaching period is the morning session and all the schools works from 8.00 am tol2.30 noon. So we have four and half working hours per day. The 414
- working hours per day will be divided into 3 sessions.
- Session- 1: Telugu
- Session-2: Mathematics
- Session-3: English
- Remedial teaching in the subjects of Telugu, Mathematics, and English @ 114 hours per subject.
- Nearly 27 working hours are available per subject. 18 working days are available for Remedial teaching from 28-03-2017 to 22-04-2017. Nearly 27 working hours are available per each subject.
Spell - II of Remedial Teaching Programme in AP Rc.No.145
- After re-opening of the schools.
- The second spell of 100 days Remedial teaching program will continue after re-opening of the schools for the next Academic Year i.e., 13-06-2017.
- Remaining 82 days of Remedial Teaching Programme will be continued along with regular academics.
- Every working day 2 hours will be allotted for Remedial Teaching @ 40 minutes per subject.
- During summer Mid-Day-Meal (MDM) will be provided to the students in the drought mandal schools.
- Spell-II of the Remedial Teaching will be continued during summer in these schools.
- Remedial Teaching classes should be conduct in the morning session before MDM.
- Constitute Divisional Level Committees in their respective districts with DIET Principal, DIET Lecturers, SSA, RMSA Sectoral Officers, Dy.EOs, MEOs to monitor Remedial Teaching Programme.
- During Remedial Teaching Programme instruct all the teachers to implement readiness program for other than D2 grade students.
- Readiness Programme is based on the required competencies of the forthcoming class.
- Readiness Programme material is also prepared the SCERT which will be disseminated to all the DEOs and the same will be placed on the SCERT website.