The Concept of Adarsha Pradhamika Paatasala (Model Primary Schools).
Establishment proposed for each Model Primary School
- Under one teacher, One Class room norm, five (5) Secondary Grade Teachers for Five (5) classes will be provided for Adarsha Pradhamika Paatasala (Model Primary School) per GP/Municipality, provided the minimum enrolment from Class I to V is atleast 100. (However, for the year 2015-16 the required enrolment is atleast 80)
- One of the 5 teachers in the Adarsha Pradhamika Paatasala (Model Primary School) will be exclusively identified as English Teacher.
- Beyond 130 students enrolled, 5 SGTs + 1 Head Master post will be provided.
- If the enrolment is <80, 4 Secondary Grade Teachers shall be provided, and on increased enrolment, the norm as at 1(a) shall be made applicable.
- Comprehensive infrastructure facilities to be provided for Model Primary School are (a) Adequate class rooms, (b) Toilets & Water supply, (c) Furniture, (d) Library room with adequate books, (e) Audio-Visual equipped class rooms and (f) attached Early Childhood Center (ECE) as feeder Center.
- Academic support will be provided on priority for Model Primary School for, quality enhancement and improving learning levels of students, special Training in English Teaching to the identified Teacher, Academic Coordination & Monitoring support by additional teachers (if required) and adequate Teaching-Learning Material will be provided to the Model PS.
- Any of the teachers to be adjusted after allocation to the Adarsha Pradhamika Paatasala (Model Primary School), such teachers services will be utilized as an Academic Support to M.E.O. / Dy.E.O. / D.E.O. / D.I.E.T. / S.S.A etc., and as Cluster Academic Coordinators in Special projects for enhancing learning levels.
The basic Norm for consolidation of schools as Adarsha Pradhamika Paatasala (Model Primary School)
- To take Gram Panchayat / Municipality as a Unit.
- Identify the Number of Primary schools (Govt.,/MPP/Mpl)functioning in the Gram Panchayat / Municipality.
- Where there are multiple Primary Schools in a Gram Panchayat / Municipality within 1 km radius and with < 30 students enrolled, they may be consolidated as one Model Primary School.
- The Schools with <30 enrolment is to be consolidated with the schools with >30 enrolment (or vice-versa) within 1 KM radius in the Gram Panchayat
- The identified school to be designated as Adarsha Pradhamika Paatasala (Model Primary School) shall be Centrally located and accessible.
- Primary School may be identified and designated as Adarsha Pradhamika Paatasala (Model Primary School) for that GP/Municipality.
- The identified Adarsha Pradhamika Paatasala (Model Primary School) must have adequate land for future expansion.
- There will be no multi grade/class teaching by 1 Teacher in the Model Primary School.
- In no instance should any Primary school beyond 1 Km be included in this positive consolidation exercise.
- The basic data for positive consolidation of Primary Schools shall be “Child Info – Aadhar seeded enrolment data”.
- Exceptions for positive consolidation are (i) where there is only one primary school in the whole Gram Panchayat (even with <30 enrolments), (ii) Schools which have Physical barriers – Canal, National Highway, Railway track, etc., (iii)schools located in Primitive Tribal Groups’ habitations,(iv) Minor medium schools, (v) Primary Schools in exclusive SC, ST colonies. If the minor media schools and the schools in SC/ST colonies prefer to be consolidated with the Model Primary School of the Gram Panchayat such request may be agreed to.
- The scope for identifying more than one Model Schools in a GP/Municipality if the enrolment after consolidation is over 150 in the first Model Primary School.
- Other Primary Schools that continue to function within 1 Km in the same GP/Municipality where positive consolidation is undertaken will be provided Teachers as per RTE norm of 1:30. One Class-One Teacher norm will be applied when enrolment improves in these schools.
- The Premises of the Primary School which is consolidated with the Model Primary School in the Gram Panchayat can be used as an attached ECE (Early Childhood Centre). This will help in improving enrolment in the Adarsha Pradhamika Paatasala (Model Primary School). The necessary logistical support will be provided in coordination with the Women and Child Welfare Department.