GNANA DHAARA-Summer Residential Remedial Teaching programme to low performing students of class 5 & 9 - Preparatory activities - Guidelines
The core aspects of GnanaDhaara:
- This program will focus on improving learning levels of students of all Govt. and government aided private schools. Support will be provided by way of workbooks, teaching guidelines to Private school managements too.
- Subjects to be covered: English, Telugu, Mathematics and Science
- Students from all classes [1-10] to be covered
- Teaching Learning material and Student-friendly workbooks will be designed and provided by School Education Department. Respective managements to use them for remedial coaching program.
- Subject teachers in schools will deliver remediation- training to all teachers through e-platforms to improve the delivery of remedial pedagogy
GNANA DHAARA Key points at a glance:
- - For whom: Students entering classes 6 and 10 in AY 2018-19 will be considered, to help them bridge the transition from primary school to high school, and to give the Class 9 students confidence while going into Class 10 [SSC Board].
- - Subjects: Maths, Language and Science will be the focus subjects for Class 10, while Telugu, English, Science and Maths will be the focus for Class 6.
- - How: Content will seek to impart foundational knowledge in all subjects so that the student is ready to absorb the lessons with full comprehension once school session starts. Activity based pedagogy will be employed by the teachers to better explain concepts to the students.
- - Resources: Volunteer teachers from School Education, Municipal, Social Welfare, Tribal Welfare and Model schools will be leveraged @ TPR of 1:40. B.Ed. and DIET Teacher students will be leveraged to be in-house teachers
- - Pedagogy: Student friendly workbooks will be designed for students to practice at home with interest and to improve their skills.
- - Where: Residential program involving Residential hostels of Social Welfare, Tribal Welfare, Minority Welfare, BC Welfare, APREIS, AP Model Schools, KGBVs and Girls Hostels will be utilized. In case of any shortage of residential campuses in anydistrict, the campuses of Private Engineering colleges or Corporate Schools/ Intermediate colleges are also to be engaged post consultation.
- - When: From 1st to 31st May 2018
- - Training to teachers: Teachers will be oriented through teleconferences shortly on their roles and classroom strategies, and online training for familiarization of the remedial content will be undertaken.
- - Coverage of students: Based on SA-I results, around 2,30,000 class 9 students and 56,000 class 5 students are identified to participate in GNANA DHAARA
- summer residential programme.
- - Extra-curricular activities are planned through local partners and organizations to provide holistic learning and development to child. Advance information and communication will be sent to SMCs and Parents.
- - Weekly Assessments will be conducted to track student progress and impact.